Saturday 31 January 2015

Brrrrrrrrrrr! Snow!

As you  have all been posting snow pictures on the computernet I thought I should join in and trump you all (except Cousin Angus in the Northern reaches of Ontario, Canada!) with some of my own :D


Some snow sculptures in public square




January is by far the worst month here, it has been staggeringly cold (-20) and there is a seemingly never ending conveyor of snow. Because the lake is so big when the prevailing Northerly wind comes down it picks up all the moisture off of the lake and dumps it on the first bit of land it comes too, which just so happens to be Cleveland! This phenomenon is called lake effect snow and it is in effect right now, over  the weekend we are supposed to have 12cm of snow, and still I won't get a 'snow day' :(


I think I may have been standing on the lake when I took this shot, it has frozen solid!

the Lake shore

I presume what has happened here is that the snow has fallen on the plants and then frozen, doesn't it look cool?!



In other very exciting news it is Amanda's birthday today! We're going to go  to the Crawford auto museum which houses lots of  old cars, aircraft, a restored carousel and other stuff and then to Little Italy for some tasty dinner and wine! Yummy Yummy! maybe I will blog about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment