Tuesday 1 April 2014

There is Nowhere Like America....

So this morning I wake up to snow on the ground while it is also raining heavily and 15 degrees! But that is nothing compared to the shock I received after waking up at about 3am last night.....

I had fallen asleep listening to the Cleveland Indians baseball club on the radio, they annihilated the Oakland Athleticss 2-0 to remain undefeated (it was the first game) for the season. It is nice to be able to hear baseball on the radio again, the last time I listened to baseball was on BBC 5Live with the sounds of the ballpark wafting through my lovely Roberts Digital radio during while watching it piss down outside... the perfect way to spend an English summers day! I was extremely sad to see that the BBC is no longer covering the games on the radio although I suppose it is not wholly unexpected, I always imagined that I was one of about 5 people who tuned in to listen! Having baseball back in America is also great news for a different reason... it means that Summer is on the way!!! Woohooo!

Anyway back to my story! Unfortunately as the game was played on the West Coast while I am on the East Coast which meant that the first pitch was not until 10 PM and I must have dropped off practically straight away as the next thing I remember is waking up with a start at 3AM to hear that the missing Malaysian Airlines Flight is not in fact in the middle of the Indian Ocean, but is currently in Pakistan, being loaded with Nuclear warheads ready for a imminent strike on America! 

Ahhh, American radio... you have just gotta love it :)



Completely unrelated to the blog entry above but that's how we like it! Here is a nice picture of all of my buddies (and some cousins, too!) outside of the Cutty Sark in Greenwich at my leaving party. I had such a lovely time thank you all for coming :)

A truly awesome collection of phones from the same leaving party, I would like to see your Orange MPhones last this long :)
Here is a nice picture of me and bigfoot oopsy sorry I mean Tim, who is the extremely proud owner of the turquoise phone on the right in the above picture.... Long may it last :)

No comments:

Post a Comment